Based in London, England
20th March 2014 - 23rd Nov. 2015
DescriptionCardinal Quest 2 is a modern "lunchbreak roguelike" - a streamlined turn-based dungeon crawler that's easy to get into and can be played in bursts of minutes or hours. It's a quick, accessible game but still a murderously complex and lethal one, with procedurally generated levels and permadeath to keep players thinking and guessing.
HistoryCardinal Quest 1 was designed by Ido Yehieli and released in 2011. Cardinal Quest 2 is an expanded sequel by new developer Ruari "randomnine" O'Sullivan. CQ2 was first released as a Free-To-Play title across Flash, iOS and Android and is now seeing a packaged premium release on Steam.
- Turn-based Tactical Combat: Use skills, items and the environment to overcome your enemies. Reflexes won't save you in Cardinal Quest; you live or die (permanently) on your wits.
- Choose Your Destiny: Each of the seven classes can be customised with a versatile talent tree. Your choices of items, weapons, skills and talents will define your strengths and weaknesses, shaped around both your personal preferences and the powers you find.
- Let Me Take You On A Journey: The sequel brings a sense of plot and geography to the mix, with your adventure taking place across several distinct and procedurally-generated environments - each with their own unique flavour.
- Music by Whitaker Trebella, composer behind the soundtracks for Velocispider and Casey's Contraptions.
Awards & Recognition
Cardinal Quest 2 has not received any awards or recognitions yet. Please check back later to see if things change.
- "CQ2 is looking like it’ll be everything a good sequel should: bigger, deeper and more fun."
- Gerrard Gibson Winter, Indie Game Magazine
- "Given the sheer amount of potential gameplay to be had thanks to so many choices and random elements, it's one of the better deals I've seen in a while. If you like roguelikes, this is an easy decision."
- Shaun Musgrave, TouchArcade
Request Press Copy
Please request press copies through our distribute() page and we'll get back to you as soon as a press copy is available for you.
Alternatively, you can always request a press copy by sending us a quick email.
"randomnine" is Ruari O'Sullivan, a British games developer who quit studio country in 2010 to independently overthrow classic game genres one by one.
More information on randomnine, our logo & relevant media are available here.
Cardinal Quest 2 Credits