The Flash version of patch 1.1 is live on Kongregate!
This update introduces THE TOWER and THE ALCHEMIST—two big chunks of content that’ve been in the works for a while. The Tower is our new Endless mode, a world you can keep climbing indefinitely until it kills you; the Alchemist is a new seventh class who specialises in crafting scrolls and potions. Each brings new achievements and new stuff to fight for!
The iOS and Android versions will be updated shortly, likely next week. For now, here are the broad, spoiler-free patch notes! I hope you enjoy exploring the new stuff, and I look forward to seeing how far in the Tower you can get.
- Added The Tower, an Endless Mode accessible once you’ve unlocked 15 Achievements.
- Each Achievement Rank you’ve earned now gives you a bonus chest in that floor of the tower, so you can have bonus items up to floor 50.
- Added The Alchemist, a brand new class who specialises in crafting and combining items and inventing new technology.
- Added Sampling Vials, new items that appear within the Acts and the Tower. To unlock the Alchemist, you must find and use Vials on five bosses to collect blood samples. Alternatively, you can unlock the Alchemist immediately for $5.
- Consumables (potions, scrolls, etc) can now stack up to 2 per inventory slot.
- Each class’s “Toughness” talent is now uncapped.
- Added Alchemist skills “Craft”, “Combine” and “Pistol” to Spellbook.
- Added six new consumables. Two of them are legendary.
- High score achievements altered to only trigger on the Acts, not the Tower.
- “All six classes” achievements for clearing Acts changed to “all classes” (including the Alchemist). However, if you’ve already unlocked these, they’ll stay unlocked.
- Added six new Alchemist-related achievements.
- Added five new Tower-related achievements.
- Invincibility Potion now protects against magical damage (e.g. Fireball).
- iPhone: Fixed Retina support on iOS 8 (and possibly iOS 5?).