Ever since The Tower was introduced in 1.1, it’s been crazy popular. In many ways it’s Cardinal Quest 2’s endgame, something to tackle beyond clearing the Acts and racing up the ranks of the achievement system. I’m super proud of how well the Tower’s worked out—but I feel there’s lots of room to do better, especially in level variety.
This patch is the first step on that path. As you reach boss levels, you’ll find there are a few new layouts to tackle. A few bosses even have their own special levels. I hope you’ll find them appropriately terrifying!
By way of compensation for making the Tower boss levels less predictable (and often harder), Tower bosses will now always drop high-quality equipment as well as their key. I’m hoping this’ll give an extra boost to killing each boss and maybe even propel you further in your Tower runs. Have fun, and good hunting…
Patch 1.18 is now live on Steam and Kongregate. iOS and Android will likely take a few weeks, but I’ll get them to you as quickly as I can. ❤
Full patch notes below.
- Added Spider Queen as a Tower boss.
- Three Tower bosses now have unique boss levels.
- Expanded the layouts of “Gauntlet” boss levels.
- Tower bosses are now guaranteed to drop high-quality gear.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Paladin: “Devotee” perk penalty changed from -1 Attack to -1 Defense.
- Ranger: “Close Quarters” perk increased from +1 Defense to +2.
- Thief: “Ghost Run” will now notify you when a level has no chests.
- Alchemist: Pistol can now use your Attack stat to inflict devastating critical hits.
- Added a new Legendary potion.
- Moved Elixir of Time to crafting tier 4.
- Legendary items can no longer stack.
- Fixed crash when multiple Wisps fireballed the same enemy.
- Mobile: fixed bug where closing app on item screen could destroy the item.
- Fixed issue with tab cycling when certain ranged enemies were visible.
- Mana Potions now correctly fill Classicist mana bar.
- Antivenom no longer allows even a single turn of poison damage.
- Spells can now target invisible friendly Scavengers.
- Allies will no longer spawn in closets on 1-7.
- Fixed Scavengers turning hostile if attacked while under both Charm and Enslave.
- Fixed bug where items could rarely spawn invisible or semi-transparent.
- Mobile: Fixed hitboxes on difficulty select buttons.
- iOS: Fixed sound issues with playing other music in the background.