It’s been a while! Since the last patch, y’all have sent me a number of bug reports and balance notes to sift through. Most of my time right now is going on the Secret Project, but I’d like to keep CQ2 nice and shiny—so here we go!
Here’s an mini-update based on those notes, fixing the main bugs and updating some of the weaker spots on classes that I felt needed the help.
The Wizard’s “Enslave” skill is one of these. I’ve changed it to recharge over time when you don’t have an Enslaved minion instead of using XP. This is a big change and makes Enslave way more consistent, but I think this is OK; the Wizard was perhaps a little weak, and the strength of the Ice Blast talent means this will largely add options for alternate builds.
Pugilist “Chi Mastery” is another. The Pugilist’s talents are tough to balance, since they also have to cover the stat and damage boosts that Weapons provide in other classes. I’ve upgraded most of the Pugilist’s talents to compensate for this, but the healing path was lagging behind. Now, Chi Mastery is an active boost to Uppercut/Headbutt that you can control to get extra health when you need it. It’s a major boost and I’m hoping it’ll get ridiculously out of control in the Tower!
I’ve also thrown in a Legendary weapon that I think you’ll enjoy. 😉
The update’s live on Kongregate and Steam now. itch.io, iOS and Android will follow in the next few days. Watch the version number on the menu or check back soon, I’ll update when they’re live!
Full patch notes below.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Wizard “Enslave” can no longer be dispelled.
- Wizard “Enslave” now recharges over time instead of with XP.
- Paladin “Consecrate” now uses the stronger Whetstone weapon damage upgrade formula.
- Pugilist “Chi Mastery” completely overhauled.
- Added a Legendary Weapon.
- Limited Scavengers’ use of “Elemental Pact” based on their gold reserves. Made them smarter about deciding when to use it.
- Fixed allegiance of spider babies from a Charmed Spider Queen.
- Wizard Wisps can no longer be made unfriendly with Dispel.
- Selecting any spell will now exit spell/item targeting.
- Fixed display of an achievement on rank 47.
- Fixed numerous bugs with using Enslave on a Scavenger.
- Improved auto-targeting and Tab target cycling on large enemies.
- Corrected Shimmerling’s Frost Breath animation.
- It is no longer possible to use a Whetstone without an equipped weapon.
- [iOS] Fixed a recent issue that caused IAPs to fail.