I’ve started getting the game ready for Steam. There’s a fair bit of work involved in this. I need to add support for Steam achievements and leaderboards, I’m going to strip out Morale and add a new progression system… but the biggest job by far is updating the Flash UI to look nice at higher resolutions. It may be silly to want a game using 16×16 pixel art to look really nice and clean on a big screen, but I’m going to try anyway! Who knows—maybe I’ll find a little time to work in some subtle OpenGL shader effects too. 🙂
iOS and Android builds are in the queue, waiting for a good release window. For now, I’ve uploaded a stealth patch to Kongregate to tweak the Tower balance slightly based on feedback and fix a few bugs. Here are the details:
- Reduced the damage of Tower enemies after floor 20.
- Increased the health of Tower bosses after floor 20.
- The Tower will no longer drop “Shadow Walk” for a Thief who has “Shadow Mastery”.
- Using a Potion of Carapace while already evolved will now upgrade your Carapace.
- Saved games with an Alchemist wearing “Carapace” no longer crash on load.
- Alchemist can no longer craft Sampling Vials or unreadable Tomes.
- If you drop a Tower boss into lava, they will now drop their key on nearby land.
- Fixed a number of “Clear with X classes” achievements that were ignoring Alchemist clears.
- Fixed tier colour of Tower bosses on floors 21+.