Okay! Here are the patch notes for 1.17, which is up now on Kongregate and Steam and will be out on iOS and Android within a few weeks (as soon as they’re approved, as usual).
Since the last patch, I’ve been focused on shipping the Steam version. Now that’s out, I’ve got some room to do general patches again! The very first thing I want to do is fix a lot of bugs and make the game run better. This should provide a better foundation for adding new stuff from now on.
Therefore, with this patch I’ve taken a break from the usual pace of new stuff to focus on bugfixes. Even so, I managed to find time yesterday to add a new spell based on this great suggestion from Mistwalker. It’s a fairly complex spell, which is a risk; I don’t want to fill the game with ridiculously complicated spells from the moment you start playing. To address this and let me add complex things anyway, I’m adding a new system of per-Act spell drop rates. I can now make spells rare or link them to specific Acts. The new spell, for example, will only show up in Act 3 and The Tower. This should let me do some fun things in future. 🙂
I’ll be mining that suggestions thread as well as comments elsewhere for more new stuff in the next patch, but for now I hope you enjoy finding the new spell and testing out the possibilities!
Here are the full patch notes:
- Spells now have per-Act drop rates and may be more or less common in particular Acts.
- Improved performance.
- The Scavenger’s prices now drop back slightly every 20 floors.
- Changes to spell drop rates (above) mean that you’re no longer guaranteed to find every spell by floor 30 or so.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Paladin: “Devotee” Perk now gives a permanent +1 Faith, -1 Attack.
- Ranger: Dog will now continue to level up past Level 15.
- Thief: “Merchant’s Pack” Gear will now auto-sell discarded items for gold when stealing.
- Added a new spell, available in Act 3 and The Tower.
- Reinstated “Haste”, now available in Acts 1+2 and The Tower.
- “Restless Blade” will no longer auto-attack allies from melee range, but will still charge to attack from a distance.
- Magic spells now save their charged/discharged status correctly.
- iOS, Android: Fixed a number of issues with friend and global leaderboards.
- Fixed issues when uppercutting monsters into the Act 1 boss door.
- Fixed behaviour of “Wrath of God” during end of Act 2.
- Fixed crash when killing a boss and dying simultaneously.
- “Restless Blade” is no longer allowed to kill something that’s already dead.
- Neither is “Flintstaff”.
- Fixed issue where spell/item targeting didn’t show the area of effect correctly.
- Dog has been trained to forget enemies from previous levels instead of crashing.
- Damage ranges will no longer be shown reversed (e.g. “2-1 damage”).
- Fixed interaction between “Leech” and “Magic Mirror”.
- Enemies are no longer allowed to teleport or throw flying players over bottomless voids.
- Windows, OS X, Linux: Fixed bug where some achievements could locally reset.
- Windows, OS X, Linux: Hardcore mode now persists across restarts.
- Linux: Fixed full-screen modes on multi-monitor systems.
- Android: Improved Google Play sign-in.