Patch 1.16 is now live on Kongregate! The Android and iOS patches are heading into submission tomorrow and will go live within a few weeks. 🙂
If there’s a unifying theme to this patch, it’s that every class and just about every play-style is getting a few new toys, a few new options. There’s a new perk for each class! Loads of weak talents and builds have been improved! Even if you play a build that hasn’t been updated, the equipment you find will be more varied—and enemies a little bit smarter…
In addition to the changes I’ve gone over here lately, I’ve done a few last-minute fixes to The Tower. I’ve tweaked it to make later floors more interesting, give melee classes a helping hand and (reluctantly) nerf a few things that could make the game a bit one-dimensional. This means a slight extra buff to the Wizard’s talent tree for the Acts, amongst other things!
Of course, with all these little tweaks everywhere, these patch notes are going to be pretty long! Here goes:
- Permanent allies (Form Wisp, Enslave) will now follow you to new levels instead of being left behind.
- NPC AI improved. Ally NPCs will follow you more closely.
- Reduced “Continue” score penalty from 25% to 10%.
- Updated level exit artwork.
- Overhauled character creation screens.
- Added “Random” character option when you have more than one character unlocked.
- Added unlock notifications when you unlock a new Act (or The Tower).
- The Squire’s bonus chests now have a chance to appear on any level of the Tower based on your Achievement Rank. For example—a rank of 31 gives a 31% chance of a chest on each new level.
- Enemies now increase in awareness in advanced floors, countering 1/2 point of Stealth per tier.
- Reduced enemy Attack, Defense, Int and Faith scaling per Tower tier.
- Increased enemy HP from floor 61+.
- Adjusted high level scaling of talent-based damage from Fireball, Icebolt, Leech, Pistol, Bow and Pugilist.
- Advanced tier weapons are now more likely to have upgraded damage.
- Rebalanced consumable drop rates in advanced Tower floors.
- Tower bosses will now toss their keys onto a nearby ledge if thrown into lava.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Added a new unlockable perk to every class.
- Fighter: “Intimidate” redesigned as a targeted skill.
- Fighter: “Charge” cooldown is now much faster.
- Wizard: “Willpower” talent cap raised to 2, but no longer scales in the Tower.
- Thief: Added new Gear option “Merchant’s Pack”.
- Thief: Removed “Discount” talent. Added talents “Flurry” and “Dagger Mastery”.
- Thief: Now starts with two Scrolls of Find Treasure instead of one.
- Pugilist: -1 base Defense.
- Pugilist: Replaced “Celerity” talent with “Lightfooted” (+1 attack, +1 speed).
- Pugilist: “Headbutt” skill now only dazes you one time in ten.
- Pugilist: “Come At Me” skill now applies -4 defense to target instead of -2 defense.
- Pugilist: “Fatality” talent redesigned. Now paralyses adjacent enemies with terror.
- Pugilist: “Toughness” now gives +7 hp instead of +6.
- Pugilist: “Fightin’ Shoes” Gear item now has +1 speed instead of +2 speed.
- Pugilist: “Fightin’ Mitts” Gear item now gives a damage buff.
- Pugilist: “Fightin’ Stuff” Gear pack now gives an extra Potion of Invincibility.
- Alchemist: Repeated applications of Potion of Carapace now give diminishing returns.
- Reduced Polymorph’s effect on target’s HP.
- Repeated drops of the same weapon or armor items are now much less likely.
- Windrunners: Added +1 speed.
- Restless Blade: Now gives 1-3 damage, +3 attack, autocharge.
- Reduced extra stat buffs given to Wizards by Tomes.
- Adjusted most enemy “Intelligence” stats to reflect general sentience and ability to communicate.
- Smarter enemies will now deliberately target your more fragile allies.
- NPCs can no longer cast spells on other NPCs unless they have a clear line of sight.
- Nearby tentacles will no longer prevent Shadow Walk.
- Replaced “Unlock X classes” achievements with achievements for unlocking each specific class, plus one achievement for unlocking all of them.
- All win streak achievements now ignore Tower runs.
- XP system no longer fails for XP levels higher than 47.
- Fixed achievement “Poison Running Through Your Veins”.
- AIs will no longer lose track of targets flying over pits or lava.
- Fixed bugs caused by doing yourself lethal or near-lethal damage whilst wearing “Lover’s Necklace”.
- Charming your Dog no longer makes them hostile.
- Dog is no longer immune to Scroll of Nova.
- Dog now shows hearts when polymorphed.
- Pugilist’s “Headbutt” is now properly reset by Orb of Renewal.
- Orb of Renewal will no longer drop you to 0 hp or below.
- Several stability fixes, especially fixes for crashes on late floors of The Tower.