There were a few odd bugs in the launch Flash version so I figured I’d do an update to patch them out. Then I spent the weekend putting in a few new things to make it bit more interesting 😀
The main stuff here is that I’ve added two weapon classes (Stealth and Heavy) with unique bonuses, made Polymorph more interesting, and buffed some weak builds for the Fighter, Wizard and Thief.
The updated version is now live on Kongregate.
- Fixed extremely rare bug where levels 1-2, 1-3 or 3-6 could generate without an exit. Saved games blocked by this bug should automatically regenerate the level or skip to the next on load.
- Fixed broken spell targeting cursor. Cursor now shows viable targets and area-of-effect.
- Keyboard target cycling (default: tab) no longer targets distant enemies for “Uppercut”, “Headbutt”, “Leech”.
- Fixed bug where Thief’s “Flash Bomb” could become permanently unusable.
- Locked cupboards in 1-7 can now be opened from the inside.
- Fixed bug where Teleport Away could break your progress in 1-7.
- Pugilist’s dodging can no longer move on top of doors.
- Magic Mirrors and summons no longer drop gear for Fighter’s “I’ll Make It Fit” perk.
- Cause of death fixed when burning to death in a fire.
- “vs atk/def” baselines in popups now increase as you progress through areas.
- Added a text notification when you clear an area of enemies.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Polymorph now preserves health percentage, is less likely to return the same monster type, and occasionally generates surprises.
- Fighter “Intimidate”: increased effect duration.
- Fighter “Charge” now guarantees a hit on impact.
- Thief “Dash”: reduced cooldown.
- Wizard “Leech”: slightly increased damage.
- Wizard now starts with a hidden base level of Spell Damage, improving Fireball and Ice Blast.
- Added two special weapon classes with bonuses for specific uses; “Stealth” weapons have a larger sneak attack multiplier, “Heavy” weapons have a larger critical damage multiplier.
- When you find equipment, it’s now more likely to be a weapon.
- Added a new midgame Stealth weapon.
- Added a new consumable item.