The last patch was a shot at balancing The Tower, addressing the few truly broken builds and making many more builds viable. Some things worked; some didn’t. The skill tree limits rising went a long way, but builds dependent on found equipment and melee combat were still struggling while spell-casting builds dominated.
Here’s another package of changes to fix that and make The Tower more interesting! I’ve made enemies a little more dangerous, especially to spellcasters, but hugely improved the gear you’ll find as you climb and revamped weapon damage in general. I hope you’ll enjoy the results. 🙂
As ever, the patch is up on Kongregate right now (with a new Highest Tower Floor scoreboard) and will be making its way to iOS and Android shortly.
- Chests are now more common in higher floors of The Tower.
- Equipment will now appear with extra enchantment levels (+1, +2, +3…) from Floor 21.
- Enemies are now slightly tougher, more aggressive and more magic resistant in higher floors of The Tower.
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Alchemist “Pistol” skill now has recoil. Damage adjusted.
- Alchemist “Gunslinger” perk now replaces “Craft” with an extra Pistol, allowing you to acquire two Pistols from level 4.
- Alchemist “Tinkerer” will now affect weapons as well as other gear.
- Upgraded Restless Blade and Weeping Katana (slightly).
- Whetstone now has a larger effect on high damage weapons.
- Improved spell targeting.
- Fixed buff on bushes in The Tower.
- Scavenger will now drop correct Tome for Pugilists.