The Tower has been a lot of fun to make! I always wanted it to take the game a bit further, take things over the top. With the patches of the last few weeks adding rising skill tree limits and bonus enchanted gear on higher floors, I feel that’s starting to happen.
My goal has always been to make Floor 60 really difficult to reach and Floor 100 next to impossible, but it turns out a few things I overlooked have had the potential to take players much further—often making the game a bit dull in the process. The Alchemist’s “Tinkerer” talent is the main such problem, easily scaling your gear and turning certain items into permanent invincibility.
I don’t like changing cool powerful things, I much prefer adding new toys and making weak things stronger, but it’s become clear that Tinkerer will keep breaking the game without a fundamental change. So here we go: a little medicinal balance patch to fix things.
Now it’s back to work on new stuff. 🙂
CLASSES AND SKILLS
- Tweaked Alchemist’s skill tree.
- Alchemist’s “Tinkerer” will now only enchant to a maximum of +1 per skill point invested.
- Adjusted bonus from Whetstone on high damage weapons.
- Fixed spellcasting on Magic Mirrors.
- Altered some things that could be easily exploited by “save-scumming” (reloading a save for a better result).